- Environmental Services
- Energy Efficiency
- Orono's Energy Efficiency Fair
We welcome you to attend the Orono Energy Efficiency Fair! The Town of Orono is committed to prioritizing community climate resilience and enacting climate action projects. The Town has recently enrolled in the State of Maine’s Community Resilience Partnership and adopted a resolution of commitment to reduce their greenhouse gas emissions. Therefore, the Town of Orono is hosting an Energy Efficiency Fair for the greater Bangor region so residents can learn more about efficient energy options. This Fair is free to the public (but you must register below for a free entry for the Trek bike door prize) and is funded by the State of Maine's Community Resilience Partnership Climate Action Grant and the University of Maine's Office of Sustainability.
Date: Saturday, October 22nd, 2022
Time: 9am - 3:30pm
Location: Wells Conference Center - University of Maine, 131 Munson Rd, Orono, ME 04469
DOOR PRIZE! Trek Verve 2 is a hybrid bike designed for comfort and fun on commutes, cruises, and fitness rides. Just for coming to the fair you will have a chance of winning this Trek Verve 2 bike.
WHAT IS AN ENERGY EFFICIENCY FAIR?
Orono's Energy Efficiency Fair was created to share knowledge of cleaner energy options for everyday living, reduce energy bills, and reduce the use of fossil fuels.
- Provide lectures to attendees so they leave feeling capable of implementing efficient energy options into their homes.
- Bring local contractors and businesses to one location so residents can talk about project options with them.
Therefore, there will be a room for lectures and a room with vendors and exhibitors. Snacks and refreshments will be provided as well as raffle items! Providing information to local residents is a good first step in lowering fossil fuel consumption (not to mention reducing heating and electric bills!) and thus, reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
RAFFLE GIFT CARDS INCLUDE: The Nest, Orono Trampoline Park, Orono IGA, DR Disc Golf, Starwalk Stable, The Store Ampersand, Tacorita, Marsh Island Brewery, Mainely Succulents, Fringe, OHOP, Pat's Pizza, Margarita's, Woodman's Bar and Grill, Sanctuary Spa & Wellness, Thai Kitchen, Alpenglow, and Gass Horse Supply.
AGENDA AT A GLANCE
|9:00 AM||Doors open|
|9:30 - 10:30 AM||Efficiency Maine Programs and Incentives||Efficiency Maine|
|10:45 - 11:15 AM||Insulating Window Inserts||WindowDressers|
|11:30 AM - 12:30 PM||Electric Vehicles and Charging Stations||Efficiency Maine|
|12:30 - 1:30 PM||LUNCH (On your own)|
|1:30 - 2:30 PM||Heat Pumps: Save Money, Save Energy, Save the Environment||MACs Heat Pumps|
|2:45 - 3:15 PM||Solar for your home or business||SunDog Solar|
|3:30 PM||Doors close|
TOPICS WILL INCLUDE:
- Energy Efficiency:
- Energy Audits & Assessments
- Residential Project Options
- Rebates Available
- Home Insulation:
- Window Insulating Inserts
- Air Sealing
- Types of Insulation
- Greener Energy
- Heat Pumps
- Heat Pump Water Heaters
- Reducing Fuel Consumption
- Electric Vehicles & Charging Stations
- Public Transit: Community Connector
VENDORS/EXHIBITORS INCLUDE: (Updated Regularly)
- Efficiency Maine
- WindowDressers (Window Insulation)
- Rose Bike Shop
- MAC Heat Pumps
- Blacks Heat Pumps
- Community Connector (Bangor Region Bus Routes)
- Green Campus Initiative (UMaine)
- Renovate 207 (Passive Homes)
- SemaConnect (Electric Vehicle Charging Stations)
- Affordable Home Efficiency (Energy Audits, Air Sealing, Insulation)
- SunDog Solar
- Bangor Daily News
WELLS CONFERENCE CENTER MAP