*Coming This Fall*:
The Tuesday Morning and Wednesday Afternoon groups will combine into one supergroup! The library book club will meet at 10:15 am the third Tuesday of the month. Please check this page for updates.
The dates for the fall meetings will be the following Tuesdays:
September 19: The Orphan's Tale by Pam Jenoff
October 17: The Glass Universe by Dava Sobel
November 21: Hillbilly Elegy by JD Vance
December 19: A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles
Books to Movies will be the theme for The Evening Book group.The following books will be discussed at the assigned date at 6pm. The group will decide on a date and time to meet at a local theater to view the newly released movie
Sept 9 – Tulip Fever by Deborah Moggach
Oct 17 – The Snowman by Jo Nesbo
Nov 14 – Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha ChrisiteDec 19 – Let it Snow by John Green, Maureen Johnson, Lauren Myracle
Previous meetings and book titles are below:
Tuesday Morning Readers
- This group meets on the third Tuesday of the month at 10:15 am - September-May of each year. Please check back, as this page continues to be updated with upcoming titles.
- The Sisters in Law by Linda R. Hershman - September 20th
- Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver - October 18th
- In the Garden of Beasts by Erik Larson - November 15th
- The Secret Chord by Geraldine Brooks - December 20th
- Total Recall by Sara Paretsky - January 17th
- At the Water's Edge, by Sara Gruen - February 21st
- Relativity, by Antonia Hayes - March 21st
- A Man Called Ove, by Fredrik Backman - April 18th
- Hidden Figures, by Margot Lee Shetterly - May 16th
Wednesday Afternoon Readers
- This group meets on the third Wednesday of the month at 1 pm - September-May of each year. Please check back, as this page continues to be updated with upcoming titles.
- My Name is Lucy Barton by Elizabeth Strout - September 21st
- The Road to Little Dribbling: Adventures of an American in Britain by Bill Bryson - October 19th
- Don't Let's Go to the Dogs Tonight: An African Childhood by A. Fuller - November 16th
- Today's Best Maine Fiction, edited by Wesley McNair - December 21st
- Martian Chronicles, by Ray Bradbury - January 18th
- Lost in Translation, by Eva Hoffman - February 15th
- Anna-In-Between, by Elizabeth Nunez - March 15th
- Just Mercy, by Bryan Stevenson - April 19th
- The Healing of America, by T. R. Reid - May 17th
Books & Buzz: an Evening Book Group sponsored by The Maine Humanities Council
Books & Buzz
at 6:00pm at The Store Ampersand (located at 22 Mill Street).
Fields Pond Audubon Book Group
The group meets at 6:30pm on the following dates:
- September 14, 2017 -- Sex in the Sea: Our Intimate Connection with Sex-Changing Fish, Romantic Lobsters, Kinky Squid, and Other Salty Erotica of the Deep by Marah J. Hardt.
- October 12, 2017 -- The Inner Life of Cats: The Science and Secrets of Our Mysterious Feline Companions by Thomas McNamee.
- November 9, 2017 -- The Soul of an Octopus: A Surprising Exploration into the Wonder of Consciousness by Sy Montgomery.
- February 8, 2018 -- Half Earth: Our Planet's Fight for Life by E. O. Wilson.
- March 8, 2018 -- Mozart's Starling by Lyanda Lynn Haupt.
- April 12, 2018 -- Rat Island: Predators in Paradise and the World's Greatest Wildlife Rescue by William Stolzenburg.
- May 10, 2018 -- The Forest Unseen by David George Haskell
- June 14, 2018 -- The Invention of Nature: Alexander Von Humboldt's New World by Andra Wulf.