Every year, the Town of Orono sponsors a cleanup event to encourage friends, neighbors and community organizations to help us clean up the streets. We need your help getting the word out about this fun (and important) event! Please enter our poster competition - if you win your age group, you will receive a $50 gift card and see your art work posted all over Orono! Here are the details:
• Posters should be on 11” x 17” paper, portrait-oriented, but smaller paper size may be used if 11” x 17” paper is not available. See the Town Office or Library if you need poster paper.
• Posters must be the original design and creation of the entrant(s). Colored pencils are not recommended because they are hard to reproduce.
• Computer graphics may be used, but must be created by the entrant(s) (clipart in the public domain is acceptable). If a digital poster is created, the file may be submitted by email to email@example.com instead of printed. Submission information should include name, grade, teacher and address.
• Students may work individually or in teams.
• Posters must include the following information:
• Date of the Event - May 20th, 2023
• Time of the Event - 9:00 AM
• Meeting Place - Zoom: Register at orono.org
• Lunch Cookout at 11:30AM at the Village Green (Public Library)
• Information about why cleaning up the streets is important!