- 2021 Elections/Voting & Candidate Information
2021 Elections/Voting & Candidate Information
Orono Town Council & School Board Candidates’ Night
Town Councilors and School Board members determine the level of service and approve the spending of your tax dollars for schools, snow plowing, trash removal, police & fire protection, housing code enforcement, zoning, etc.
Watch the archived video on the Town's YouTube Channel here and then vote!
Annual Municipal Election is Tuesday, March 9th, 2021, 7:00 AM - 8:00 PM
For the Town of Orono, in-person voting will take place at the Orono Town Council Chambers, 59 Main Street, 7AM until 8PM.
Voters may cast an absentee ballot instead of voting in person. To minimize interaction with others during this public health pandemic (COVID-19), some voters may prefer voting by absentee ballot. Casting an absentee ballot is convenient and secure.
Absentee ballots may be requested in writing, by phone, online, or in person up to and including the day of the election, without specifying a reason. However, if you are asking to receive your ballot by mail, please request it early enough to allow for postal mail delivery time – both to receive it and return it (2-5 days each way).
- You can download an absentee ballot application here.
- You can request an absentee ballot be mailed to you by calling the Town Office at 207-866-2556
- Ballots must be returned to the municipal clerk at the Town Office no later than 8:00pm on Election Day (March 9).
- Ballot return envelopes require 70 cents postage, please remember to add required postage when mailing back your ballot.
- If you prefer voting in person and not on Election Day (March 9), the Clerk's office will be hosting in-person absentee voting on the following dates and times in Council Chambers: Thursday Feb. 25th from 8:00AM - 5:00PM, and Thursday, March 4th from 8:00AM to 5:00PM
- For additional absentee voting information go to: https://www.maine.gov/sos/cec/elec/voter-info/absenteeguide.html
Town Council 3 seats - 3 YR terms
Ashley M. Case
Daniel R. LaPointe
Alyce K. Lew
Laura H. Mitchell
Cheryl A. Robertson
Geoffrey H. Wingard
Khawla Abu Sheikh Wise
Town Council Limited Vacancy 1 seat - 2 YR term
Thomas H. Perry
Anastasia S. Stanek
RSU No. 26 School Board 2 seats – 3 YR terms
Mark D. Brewer
Brian J. McGill
RSU No. 26 School Board Limited Vacancy 1 seat -1 YR term
Leo C. Kenney
Patrick L. Rowe
Interested in volunteering for the Town of Orono for the upcoming Election?
Fill out the form at this link and return it to the mail slot outside the Town Office at 59 Main Street or email it to Town Clerk Shelly Crosby
TO VIEW UP TO DATE INFORMATION ON RANKED CHOICE VOTING, PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VISIT THE STATE OF MAINE WEBSITE:http://www.maine.gov/sos/cec/elec/upcoming/rcv.html