Home Occupations

A permit is required to operate a business in your home. Applications for these permits can be obtained from the Code Office, and then must be reviewed for approval by the Orono Planning Board. The Land Use Ordinance has specific standards and requirements that apply to home occupations. Copies of these are available in the Code Enforcement Office.