Orono's resident Code Enforcement Officer is Patrick Estey. In this office we are the first official contact point for matters that require the Town Planning Board and the Zoning Board of Appeals. This office also issues permits
, as well as performs inspections pertaining to safety concerns, licensing purposes
, and rental registrations
If you see...
- Motor vehicle fluids and/or household chemicals being dumped into gutters or street drains;
- Stormwater leaving construction areas and entering streets drains, swales, ditches;
- Or if you are just not sure…
please call the Illicit Discharge Hotline at 207-889-6979.
When calling, please provide:
- Description of the pollution (to the best of your ability);
- Date, time, and location of the polluting activity;
- Your name and a phone number where you can be reached for further details (this is optional)