Every year, the Town of Orono sponsors a cleanup event to encourage friends, neighbors and community organizations to join us for a fun day of cleaning up the streets followed by a barbecue at the Orono Public Library. We need your help getting the word out about this fun (and important) event! Please enter our poster competition - if you win your age group, you will receive a $50 gift card and see your art work posted all over Orono! Here are the details:
• Entries must be submitted by 04/27/20
• Posters should be on 11” x 17” paper, portrait-oriented, but smaller paper size may be used if 11” x 17” paper is not available.
• Posters must be the original design and creation of the entrant(s). Colored pencils are not recommended because they are hard to reproduce.
• Computer graphics may be used, but must be created by the entrant(s) (clipart in the public domain is acceptable). If a digital poster is created, the file may be submitted by email to email@example.com instead of printed. Submission information should include name, grade, teacher and address.
• Students may work individually or in teams.
• Posters must include the following information:
The posters will be judged by the following criteria:
• Overall visual impact & eye-catching appeal
• Clarity of message
• Appropriateness of message
• Categories: Grades K-2, 3-5, 6-8, 9-12
• First Prize for each Category: $50
3-5 Honorable Mention 2
3-5 Honorable Mention
6-8 Honorable Mention
2016 Poster - Grade 9-12 Winner
2016 Poster - Pippa Jackson- Sanborn
2016 Poster - Ben Culina & Thorin Saucier
2016 Poster - Maeve Neary
Poster - Dichard Maddie
Poster - Saucier Athena
Poster - Derosier Abbie